Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dave's Labor Day Extravaganza


Dave blessed me this weekend by working on projects around our house which we have been talking about doing for a long time! A new light fixture on the "work" side of the kitchen, where the counters, stove, etc. are located. It is great "task" lighting, and one of Dave's favorite styles of lighting - track! (Of course, now I see that we're going to have to paint the ceiling sooner rather than later!)
The second new light - actually the first one he found and installed - is this pendant! It's on the "breakfast nook" side of things! So much better!!! Then, I have been asking since we moved in - nearly two years and one daughter ago - for a bar here! It was a 3/4 wall with a cute ledge. On the other side is counter space and my stove. So, with little girls who always want to be with me, I just knew that a bar would be perfect there. Perfect for breakfast eating; perfect for doodling and stuff while I prepare meals. Dave did it! This weekend. Isn't it beautiful? Oh, it is! There's a "finishing piece" coming . . . he is so talented! We haven't been able to try it out yet because the clear coating has to set. But soon we will have pictures of that!
We enjoyed some corn on the cob (again!) . . . The girls really enjoy shucking it. That's Samantha in the pack-n-play, which she really enjoys outside. I haven't been letting her down on the grass because she is drawn to our asphalt driveway! :( As long as she has company on the deck, she really enjoys the playpen, though.




2 comments:

Emilie S. said...

Good job Dave!! Wow, everything looks great!

Chris and I couldn't stop laughing at the conversation during snack time! Your girls are the CUTEST things in the whole world. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it!! We love you all SOOOOO much!

Kristen Krieg said...

GO DAVE - good work!!!!!