Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas ornaments

After picking Anna Kate up from school early, the girls and I crafted the afternoon away - working on a variety of Christmas ornaments.

Lucy made 3 - the reindeer, the snowman and the snowflake. Samantha made the red sled.
 Anna Kate wanted to make an ornament for Will for Christmas. I found this airplane on-line, and she made it! With some help from Dad, we got the wings glued straight. 
 This is how the plane started . . . . 5 pieces painted blue. 
 This was the rough one I tried to put together to give her a visual and see if it would really work. 
 Samantha, hard at work, on the pieces of her sled . . . . 6 assorted popsicle sticks, lots of red paint.
  A blurry (sorry!) picture of Anna Kate's plane
Tomorrow, we'll finish them up -- stripes on the plane, hanging strings on all of them, names and years, the snowflake and the snowman and the reindeer need some final embellishments. Then, maybe I'll update this post with better pictures! :)

No comments: