I was thrilled when Will wanted to join in on the Christmas cooking-making fun! We brought the step stool over to the counter, which provided the perfect height for him, and I had out the smaller rolling pins, and he jumped right in, like he had done this so much before!
rolling
Daddy lets us "in" on the picture taking!
I have to say, I am a big fan of the apron, even on days like this one, where I'm not dressed fancy (do I have days where I am dressed fancy? That's for another time!), I love the apron! And so when Will pointed and reached for an apron of his own out of my stash, my heart leaped with joy! Luckily, this one is yellow with a bumble-bee! He waited so patiently as I got him all suited up!
and then we went back to work cutting out cookies.
After church on Christmas Eve, I tried desperately to get a good picture of the kids all dressed up! Most of them, for some reason, were fuzzy! bah! humbug! And this one, Anna Kate wanted no part of - silly faces? No thanks, she said. But Samantha and Lucy wanted to be silly, and Will thought it was funny to watch. Lucy is still holding her glow stick (a brilliant move on our church's part - giving young children glow sticks instead of candle or empty hands for the singing of Silent Night!)
No comments:
Post a Comment