Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Anna Kate is eight! (and it rhymes)

Anna Kate is eight! Anna Kate's birthday was Monday. She took cupcakes to school - a big hit.
We celebrated on Sunday with our dear friends Peter, Myra, and Elise, and my mom was in town, too. So it was quite a celebration! We loved having my mom in town.

On Tuesday, the first thing Anna Kate said to me when I woke her up for school was, "Mom, I'm eight." She's pretty excited.

She has done a really superb job transitioning to school mid-year. In her stories, I often hear her strong self - she really is strong on the inside and she has a good idea of what she wants. She is brave. She is such a caring person, too. And, I've said this before, a natural teacher. Her El Paso aunties and cousins gave her a "doll school" set for her birthday and she's in heaven, quite literally. Will loves her. She is an avid reader, which I'm so proud of! She's pretty pleased to now own five of the Little House books. And she eats up the American Girl series.

Who would have ever guessed 8 years ago, after that incredibly long delivery, what a great girl we'd have the joy of raising!

1 comment:

Thad said...

Oh AK, growing up so quickly! Happy Belated Birthday to you!