Monday, December 05, 2011

A lot's been happening around here

I was surprised that Will wanted to jump right in to finger painting along with the girls!
 Lucy and Anna Kate were in church with us a couple weeks ago for a Family Worship Day, and our pastor was teaching about work. He asked, "Do you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up?" To my surprise, Lucy leaned over and shared, "A farmer or an artist."
 An action shot my girls would probably rather I not share, :) but who can resist showing that Will is eating yogurt (even if a substantial amount gets on his clothes!). His diet is increasing and now includes cheese sticks, bananas, and yogurt.
 Will's favorite activity is building with these traditional big wooden blocks. One of our friends lent us a few until we make the investment ourselves. He loves these blocks!
 Babies, babies, babies. . . . . The girls are always (or so it seems) playing with their dolls and some scenario - shopping, church, school, orphanage, meal time . .. .  . Here's Jasmine enjoying her meal.
 Fall here means lots of leaves. We might have a small backyard, but it is surrounded by large trees that seem to prefer our yard when dropping their leaves! After Thanksgiving (we had a great one, by the way!) Dave and the kids worked on raking those leaves, and they managed some playing too!

 I can't resist a sleeping picture every now and then. I don't think I shared that I finally persuaded Dave to move bedrooms around upstairs. For those who have been to our house, this will make sense. We moved Samantha in with Will when we returned from our summer. Will is such a light sleeper, though, that having them in the room at the top of our stairs made for a stressful nap time, as I tried to allow the girls to enjoy themselves and play but wanted a quiet house so he would sleep too! So, we moved the big girls into the room at the top of the stairs and moved Will and Samantha to the back bedroom. It seems to be working really well.
 Will went to his first friend's birthday party this weekend. He had a ball and really loved his balloon!
 But he felt best when his big sister was close by. He held on to her arm the entire time they were at the table! So sweet!

No comments: