There is a carousel . . . and I wish I had gotten better pictures because there is such a great variety of animals to ride! Lucy insisted on riding (Percy) the Pig, which left Dave and the other two girls around the carousel a bit, so they could ride horses.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
The Farm in Cooperstown
Over Labor Day weekend we went to the Farm in Cooperstown, NY. . .
There is a carousel . . . and I wish I had gotten better pictures because there is such a great variety of animals to ride! Lucy insisted on riding (Percy) the Pig, which left Dave and the other two girls around the carousel a bit, so they could ride horses.
All the girls got wet (with water, really) milking a cow . . . that was interesting.
We enjoyed a rest on the second floor porch of the tavern. All the buildings are from the immediate area and were moved to the Farm to recreate the village.
The girls played the "games of old" at the carnival - the wooden bowling set was a big hit.
We looked at animals, and, for some reason, Lucy and Samantha really liked the pigs!
We enjoyed a beautiful church (there was not a single religious symbol).
That's the same second floor porch we were sitting on at the tavern behind Anna Kate on the left hand side of the picture.
The girls were able to brush some sheep. Daddy got in on the action, too.


It was so beautiful! There was a wedding reception in the banquet room just beginning when we left . . .
There is a carousel . . . and I wish I had gotten better pictures because there is such a great variety of animals to ride! Lucy insisted on riding (Percy) the Pig, which left Dave and the other two girls around the carousel a bit, so they could ride horses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maddie and I just enjoyed the all of the wonderful pictures!! We miss you.
Post a Comment