Sunday, August 23, 2009

full and funny, sometimes

Life around our house is, well, full . . . I have had a challenging time deciding how to respond to strangers who say to me, "Wow! You have your hands full!" Like what I have is a bad thing . . . for a while I would say, "Full of good things!" and smile politely. Last time someone said that to me, just days ago, I said, "Aren't I blessed?" It is so interesting to hear other people's commentary on my life. . . .

Anyways, I really signed on here tonight to share a couple of funny things with anyone who is reading . . . During our book time at bedtime, Samantha, all on her own, came over to my ear and whispered sweet (literally) nothings in my ear. It was so cute! Other things Samantha is doing - jumping on command (and not!), eating carrot sticks (her only other fruit or vegetable in her diet is applesauce and raisins and corn, so this is great), talk-talk-talking, singing Happy Birthday (which started in Colorado and I've forgotten to share the news!), and lots of other things . . .

Anna Kate said to me, as I tucked her in, "I can worship Jesus, too." Well, YES YOU CAN!

Anna Kate has successfully taught herself how to ride a "big girl bike" with no training wheels. Actually, she taught herself right after we returned home from Colorado. But I keep missing the opportunity for a video. Will try to get that soon.

Lucy is growing! We had to visit the doctor last week (she's fine!) and she weighed 31 pounds and measured 38 inches . . . "Almost a perfect square," said our favorite pediatrician! So fun! She loves to be led by Anna Kate and to play with Samantha. She can be quite a little fireball, which you might miss if she doesn't know you well. She still loves horses and swings and pink bear . . .

4 comments:

Spicy Magnolia said...

You ARE blessed!! Precious, precious, precious girls and they are blessed to have you as their mommy!!

Emilie S. said...

I just love that you have your hands full! All of your girls are such wonderful and unique individuals. They light up my life! Thank you for being such a wonderful mother to your girls. You really are a Proverbs 31...and I can vouch for that!

Tell Samantha: "Happy Birthday!"
Anna Kate: "Jesus really likes it when we worship Him! So you go girl!"
Lucy: "Lets be fireballs together and paint the town pink or purple, your choice!"

Kristen Krieg said...

Good answers to silly questions! I love reading these stories now that I know the girls first hand! What precious little ones :) We miss you.

Kristen Krieg said...

Good answers to silly questions! I love reading these stories now that I know the girls first hand! What precious little ones :) We miss you.