Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Aunt Emilie comes to visit!

"Good Morning, Aunt Emilie!" Aunt Emilie arrived late, so the girls had to wait until the morning to see her. Anna Kate asked me, when I put her to bed, if I would ask Aunt Emilie if they could wake her up in the morning. Aunt Emilie said yes, and this became a daily routine. 


I was delighted when Aunt Emilie was available and willing to come to Albany for a week, while Dave was in the southwest working on our support. What a way to make it through that week without him! 


Samantha is still in the "beads" phase. She wears LOTS of them - as many as she can find - all the time, everywhere. People must think I'm nuts. At least they know the truth now. 

We had to have a tea party, since Aunt Emilie was in town and Daddy was out of town. A house of girls! Tea parties are our favorite way of "coping" when Daddy is gone at dinner time. They elevate a boring, easy meal to "fun!" The girls and Emilie decided our tea cozy, which is covering our tea pot and keeping it hot, needed a name. So, she is now called, "Marigold."

No comments: