Sunday, October 26, 2008

Samantha's FIRST Birthday!!!

Here is the birthday girl! We started celebrating at breakfast. Grampa was still here (yea!), and we had waffles. Samantha ate half of a Belgium waffle! Wow!

After taking Grampa to the airport we had a couple of presents for Samantha to open. We like giving presents early in the day so that the girls can enjoy their new toys on their birthdays! (Daddy discovered that Samantha's shirt was soaking wet, but she didn't wait for him to return with a shirt before beginning to explore her presents! Before opening them, she stood, climbed, and even carried them!)

She didn't need a lot of help opening!








It was only 7 o'clock (an hour past her bedtime, oops!) when we offered her a cupcake (white cake, strawberry frosting), but she was done! We'll try a cupcake today, I think.
I love this pic of Anna Kate. So I had to include it.








3 comments:

Kristen Krieg said...

these picutes are so sweet. I love your new family picture. It makes me happy to see you surrounded by leaves...I know you love fall!!

Anonymous said...

OK I just had to fight with the Google blogging drama because I forgot my password and it wouldn't let me post how cute I think the shirtless present opening is! Or what a fabulous Xmas card photo that is of you and your fam...tell my girl, Lucy, the fingers are overrated! And what a photo finale--that gorgeous shot of AK! :)

Anonymous said...

And yes these anonymous are "aunt heather" who is bitter about the number of passwords I have to remember! Grrr...