Thursday, January 03, 2008

We're home and getting better

Here's Samantha - feeling much better and very much on the mend, though I do think this recovery will be like turning a big truck - slow. For those of you who don't know, at Samantha's two-month check-up on Friday, we discovered that she had lost 11 oz in two weeks and was dehydrated. Our doctor thought and an ultrasound confirmed - pyloricstenosis
(http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/medical/digestive/pyloric_stenosis.html)- corrected by surgery on Saturday afternoon. We came home Sunday afternoon. We knew something was not right, and we are relieved to have such great doctors and to be on the mend. Lucy needed to recover, too. A long three weeks preceeded Samantha's surgery and then Mommy was gone for two nights and three days! Gramma Maggy is helping us recover. She is here all week while Daddy is at the Boston Winter Conference (www.bwc2008.com).
What a bad picture of me! But, I sat down to play with the girls and Samantha lounged on my lap. I didn't want to move or adjust until I had to - she was so happy and comfortable!
Can you believe it? Anna Kate took this picture with my mom's digital camera! She did a great job, I think.
We return to our pediatrician on Friday for a check-up. So, we'll try to post an update after that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just looked at the whole blog together which is such a treat as Bruce heads back to Chefornak Friday evening (tomorrow). What fun to see and hear Anna Kate in birthday thanks mode and telling the Christmas story (her version--both accurate and charming). What great pronunciation (e.g., "shepherds"!). We wrote this together. Much love and kisses as we begin 2008. Grandma/Grandpa Sheehan

Kristen Krieg said...

So glad Samantha is on the mend...and that the rest of you are on the mend too :) I hope you have a great, restful week. Love to Grandma Maggie and good job to Anna Kate on the picture. Praying for full recovery for the whole family!!!!

Spicy Magnolia said...

I'm so glad you all are home and getting better! And I'm glad your mom is there, Megan, to help you this week. You all are precious and we pray for a whole recovery for all of you--I'm sure you all need some much needed rest, too. May the Lord bless you and keep you!

Anonymous said...

Poor lil baby girl! I'm so sorry, Megan! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for your lil'est princess!;) Ryan had to have surgery at 7 months, and it about killed me to see him go through it...but, of course, he bounced back quickly! Praying for you and Dave and your girls!