Here are all three together . . . what a moment!Saturday, November 03, 2007
October 31
Thanks Aunt Hillery for costumes! We have been wearing a variety of costumes on different days. Lucy loves bees, and, in fact, any small flying insect is called a bee. We're still trying to capture a couple of those costumes on film, but here's what we were wearing while handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. Lucy was a ladybug ("bee") . . .
Anna Kate, almost always the attentive biggest sister and sometimes confused about who really is the mom, was an elephant (again) . . . Here's how that happened. Lucy still changes sizes pretty regularly, so anytime we dig out new clothes for the season or a new size, we have to cover whether Anna Kate wore it and when and maybe it still fits - can she just try it on and see? Anna Kate was wearing the very beautiful, big-girl Cinderella dress, when she decided she would rather wear the bumblebee (the yellow bee, not the ladybug), which is size 18months. So, there I was in a predicament because I had to help her understand that a costume she wore two Halloweens ago, would definitely not fit. So, in my desperation I dug around and found the 2T elephant costume, not quite 2 sizes too small. Oh well.
Just for the record, here's Anna Kate (Halloween 2005) in that very bumblebee costume!
Here are all three together . . . what a moment!

I also did not have the energy to carve pumpkins, and especially to clean up after the carving, so we opted for decorating a pumpkin. Anna Kate created this . . .
Notice the red forehead above the eyes and the earrings on the ears - what attention to detail!
Here are all three together . . . what a moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
these are so cute!! If it is any consolation to you, Madison has worn the same princess costume for the last two years...and...for the last three days :).
Bren calls every small thing a bee too...but maybe that's because he (and maddie and me)were all stung by bees this summer....whatever lucy calls it she sure looks cute.
I love the "just for the record" blurb. You are so funny! I miss you Meg!
i hung out w/ beth yesterday ( she was in TX for the Baylor/Tech game)...and we were reminiscing a bit about our early phi lamb days...i asked about you and she told me to check out your blog. your girls are beautiful :) my son also wanted to be a ladybug for halloween ..... he would be very jealous of lucy's costume. dad insisted on a dinosaur instead!
"What a moment" indeed! And I trust there will be many such moments with Grandma & Hannah there.
Have wonderful days & moments.
Snowing hard here: Hallelujah!
Love to the moment-makers and to all a good-night!
Granpa
Your daughters are precious. I love the "costume" age. Suzi S.
Post a Comment