Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mini-Golfing at Duffer's

The other day, a staff woman asked me if I like returning to the same place year after year for Summer Project. What a good question! As staff, it becomes normal to do something different every summer - a little of this and a little of that. But, for our family, one of the small things I am thankful for is the familiarity of returning to the same Summer Project. There are lots of reasons for this, but as the kids get older, I really like that there are parts of the Project they know and expect. One of the special events the kids started talking about once we arrived was our night at Duffer's, a local ice cream and mini-golfing place. 




 Sweet Buddy. It seems that most of what I forgot this summer belongs to Will! 
Good thing he doesn't know it yet! So, I forgot his baseball cap. He's wearing mine. 

 We are so thankful for this little girl, Abbey. She and her family are becoming awesome friends! 




 This is the 18th hole. When (if) you can get your ball through the gate under the shark, there is smoke and your ball never comes back. Will was so concerned and fascinated. We kind of held up the line. oops.



1 comment:

Have Your Way said...

O I MISS Duffer's and your family!! <3 you all!