Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Will!

Happy Birthday, Will!
Our sweet, flexible baby boy is growing in to an opinionated, lively, stubborn little guy.
He is using more words, still using sign language, and making lots of noises to accompany all sorts of acivities. He likes cars, balls, hitting things, batting things, playing like he's a dog, books, all sorts of physical activity, yelling, painting, and snuggling (thankfully).  He brings so much life and fun-loving to our house. After two epic battles one night two weeks ago, (Thank you, Dave!) he is sleeping through the night again. Even though he often wakes early, he will go back to sleep in our bed for a little while longer. He still naps well. And, much to my dismay, is no where near potty-training. :( I know, this is normal. 

We started Will's birthday with a team breakfast. Abby was here and sang to Will!
Abby is exactly one month older than Will.  



We celebrated with dinner, cake and presents. Will ate his typical crackers; this night, with Laughing Cow cheese. But the rest of us enjoyed stovetop mac-n-chesse, chicken sausage and salad. Then, it was time for cake. In the morning, when Dave sang Will "Happy Birthday," Will smiled and then pretended  to blow out candles. That was definitely something he'd been looking forward to. I made him a train cake.







 This year, he actually ate cake! I'm counting this is a small stride forward, slow and steady wins the race, right?
 Like his Dad, he prefers the cake to the frosting. (Incomprehendable!)
 Myra, along with some friends, helped us celebrate. Peter was on his way to China! 

 I love how the girls are embracing giving on one anothers' birthdays. Everyone had a plan.
Anna Kate wanted to give Will a chocolate bar. Lucy and Samantha each wanted to give him a car.




We didn't get through all of his presents. It got late fast and everyone was falling apart, quite literally. 
So, we hit pause and picked up the next day with a few more presents. 



3 comments:

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Will! Miss Kerri prefers the cake to the icing, too. Can't believe he's two.

Spicy Magnolia said...

What!? Will is 2!? How can that be?? Seriously, I just thought he was going to be one! You have a most precious family! Happy 2nd Birthday, Will!

Hannah said...

Megan! You are so crafty!! I love the cakes you did for Will and Lucy. I might have to borrow your idea for the train cake for a birthday in the future. :)