The weather was great this year. And when your entire family of 6 is living in one room, literally, it's great to have good weather, so you can be outside.
Of course, one of my personal highlights for the weekend came in the form of our dear, good friends who work in Ithaca. Between us, we have 8 kids - and Anna Kate, at 6 and a half - is the oldest; 4 boys, 4 girls. One of the things that keeps us going in New York, a great gift for us, is working alongside, and more importantly sharing life with this family.
I think this is one of my favorite pictures because this is how Steph and I do life during a conference: Steph, pushing my stroller with one of my children and one of hers, because I'm carrying another one of my children. Hopefully, at the time, we knew where the remaining 5 children were . . .. I'm sure we did. (I only lost Samantha once the whole weekend, but that's a story for another time.) We just "share the load" because often these conference weekends mean Dads are working long and hard.
Abby, the daughter of one of the families on our local team, and Will enjoyed a swing together.
Amazingly, a highlight for Anna Kate for the weekend was other families' babies. Here she is with Ruby, the youngest Betts.
No comments:
Post a Comment