Friday, May 14, 2010

life around here

If I ever thought (and I did!) that I knew how to potty train my girls, boy has Samantha been teaching me a lesson. She is not potty training as the other girls did, and I am experiencing a great lesson in patience, flexibility, and acceptance. Most days, especially if it's warm, she is bare-bottomed (is that too much information?), but here she does have on a pull-up. We still have yet to move to "big girl panties." But she loves those rain boots!
Yep, we have another hand/finger/thumb sucker. It is yet to be determined which he will prefer, but he also loves that silky puppy Ellen gave him!
Anna Kate has been a force after dinner - getting us to play Apples to Apples Junior. Since Lucy does not read yet, we have to help her. And sometimes Dave "plays" to Lucy - putting down a card she will love the sound of even if it doesn't accurately match the green adjective. Samantha does a number of different things, sometimes even playing blindly. But this evening she decided to entertain us by pretending (sleepy snore sounds included) to sleep on the table.
Samantha loves, loves, loves to snuggle. These days, she prefers to sleep with one of the bigger girls in one of their (twin) beds, and this was the scene one morning.
We have had very inconsistent warm and sunny weather. But when it's here, we have to get outside. Even Will can relax in the sun.
Will loves his bath! He kicks so forcefully he splashes all over the place. Samantha can play in water for hours. So, my solution for something for us to do one day was to give Will his bath in the big bathtub, allowing Samantha to be in the big bathtub helping. It actually worked really well - if Will doesn't mind most of his water being poured out of his bath and down the drain.


Samantha can also climb into Will's crib, though she can not climb out. I thought I had discovered a safe way for Will to play, until I saw this . . . . he was still safe, just with some company.

No comments: