Friday, February 19, 2010

William David Sheehan

William ("resolute protector;" both his grandfathers have the first name William) David ("beloved") Sheehan was born on Wednesday, February 17, at 5:22 a.m. He weighed 7 lbs 8oz and measured 20 inches long. Labor started on Tuesday; although, unlike our other births, I had been having irregular contractions for a few days. We went to the hospital about midnight. In our opinion, he looks very different from the girls. All of our girls have their own "looks" now that they are growing up, but they were very similar as babies. Not Will - he looks like a little boy - and he has dark hair, too!





We came home from the hospital late Thursday, about 6:30pm. The girls stayed with a friend while Dave came to pick us up. They were thrilled when they finally got to meet him (because of flu restrictions they were not allowed to visit us in the hospital).











I wish I could have recorded every moment and every comment because they were so sweet! Lucy said to me, "Mom, did you know he would be so cute? He is so cute." Samantha has been delighted with him (although she calls him Abby, something we are working on!) and was thrilled to hold him. At one point, Anna Kate said, "I wish there were three babies." Oh my! Can you imagine?!!
So, all in all, we are home and doing well. He is eating like a champion and very regularly on his own, which is great.

11 comments:

Kerri said...

It looks like Anna Kate is holding a little doll! He is really cute...how fun would it be for him to have dark hair?

Spicy Magnolia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh, what fun news! I was just thinking of you recently and wondering how things were going. Oh, Megan, you will absolutely love having a baby boy! He's precious and many, many congratulations!

Barb and Andy said...

whohooooo! we'll catch up in another year or so. ;) praying for you as you adjust. so glad he is here.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I am so excited for another boy in the family! (I can't ever remember my identity's password so Aunt Heather has to post anonymous!) He looks so GOOD--not like he just sailed out of the womb 3 days ago! And AK is such a great big sister; Lucy is so sweet; and Sam...well she looks like she's landed a new TOY! Haha...Love you all...

Fong-Zeou Pan said...

William is so cute! And I love Samantha's curly hair!

Kristen Krieg said...

Yeah! Pictures!!!!! He is absolutely perfect...so sweet and I LOVE the name William! The pictures with each sister :)are so precious! What sweet days!! ENJOY!!!ENJOY!!! Welcome to the world Will!

Emilie S. said...

Chris and I just went and looked at baby pictures of the girls, and Will looks totally different. Well, I mean, they look like siblings, but he looks like a boy! How fun is that! I just love him so much already and I am chomping at the bits to meet him...I wish Albany weren't so far! Love you!!!

Hannah said...

Hey! He is sooo cute. I agree with everyone, he looks different than the girls. They look like they are having a ball with him! I have never seen so many great photos of Samantha. She is looks so happy. I like Anna Kate's new bang look, too. Congratulations!

Angie Cousins said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for all of you to experience life with a little boy!!!

Sarah said...

I love the newest little Sheehan man already (it's been 22 years since the last one was born)! And his name is so regal. Samantha's expressions are killing me! : ) She is so happy and proud. Can't wait to meet William.
Love, Aunt Sarah

Thad said...

Congratulations! The pictures are great! Love the ones with the girls holding him! Hope everyone is continuing to do well and stay healthy!