Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home again, Home again

We try to keep Sunday dinner simple - to give a little break from the meal prep and clean up; I know, just the opposite of the way I grew up, when Sunday dinner was a nicer meal. Sometimes we do a "snack dinner" but this Sunday we had make-your-own-pizzas! The girls had a great time. Anna Kate gently prepared all of her toppings and laid them precisely on top. Lucy pushed her toppings into the sauce, despite reminders that that was unnecessary. Samantha is a great eater! Some nights, fruit in one of these mesh eaters will really occupy her, so I can eat dinner, too!
Yep, she can get where ever she wants. Standing, taking multiple steps. Here she is watching the "big girls" out the back door.
The rain has kept us from visiting our favorite parks. Finally, it let up and we walked to the shady park for a (hot and humid) afternoon of play. One of the play structures was replaced while we were out of town. The new structure will be fun for Daddy and for the girls as they grow older. Lots of climbing and monkey bars! We still enjoyed ourselves.


1 comment:

Kristen Krieg said...

Welcome home! HOW in the world did you make pizzas in white dresses and come away clean...you are amazing...you should have many, many children. :)

I can't believe how early your girls walk...wow!!Go Samantha