Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sisters are so fun! Anna Kate and Lucy are really enjoying one another, and Mommy and Daddy are really happy about that.
Anna Kate leads the pack of children on our staff - all girls. Zoe is just 6 weeks younger than Lucy. Anna Kate will read to the girls, play with them, and otherwise help them know what to do. She is a big fan of reading to them because she can persuade them to sit on her "lappie." Lucy goes down for a nap 30 minutes to an hour before Anna Kate these days, which gives us a little time for playing games - a favorite. When we returned to Albany in August, I started teaching her "go fish" - easily mastered, except of course for the strategic benefit of keeping your cards to yourself. She really likes to tell you which cards she has . . . but, nevertheless, 30 minutes or more of "go fish" each day makes Mommy grow weary. So, I decided to try and teach her UNO. Can you imagine my surprise when she began identifying each number correctly? She proudly shared that her cousin Madeline had taught her her numbers this summer. (Thanks, Madeline!) She is a pro at UNO already! And I am happy to have a little variety.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH FOR UNO!!!

Kerri said...

That's so great! Another great one is Old Maid... remember that?

Zoe looks so happy to be in the middle of that baby sandwich :). So funny.

Barb and Andy said...

Meg, I was amazed to look at your blog and see you only have 6 weeks to go on #3. Wow. The girls look like they're having a ball...and I've often thought about how I would explain what the boys were doing should we end up in the ER!
barb

Beth (and Eric) said...

So sweet! I love the Sisters together and glad they're getting along! And, how fun for you to have time alone with Anna Kate. A born leader... like someone else I know! ;)

Jen said...

Hey Megan,

I get to see Maddy at school these days and she so CUTE!! She is a natural teacher, just like her Moma!!

Jen (I teach with Hillery!)

Roger and Sara Mattson said...

so soon baby #3, woohoo!

Beth (and Eric) said...

One more month to go! I have been thinking of you and hope you're hanging in there!