Saturday, August 11, 2007

Home again, Home again

There's nothing like being home! Our neighbor, Joe, brough over some tomatoes from his garden. Anna Kate could hardly wait for one to be washed before she bit into it! She ate it just like an apple, which I can't imagine doing, but I've heard my mom and Gram did so!
It does look good, right?
Anna Kate was thrilled to find her tricycle and so many other toys waiting for her just as she left them. She has been giving her Boynton chicken a ride on the tricycle in the baby backpack. She even helped Lucy use the tricycle - all on her own! We were so proud of her, and we really see them developing into good friends. Anna Kate is a great big sister . . .
Anna Kate enjoying a mouthful of blueberries. Yep, we finally went "u-pick-it" on Saturday morning. It was good fun for everyone - outdoors, beautiful, peaceful, and yummy!


Here are a bunch of the girls. I don't know if you can see, but Lucy's basket is basically always empty. If you have ever read the book Blueberries for Sal, then you'll know what I mean when I say that Lucy was exactly like Little Sal - picking blueberries and eating every single one of them! Anna Kate was a diligent picker, and picked almost an entire quart basket herself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutie patooties!!!! It was so greatr to catch a glimopse of ya'll and to get to visit for a few minutes anyway!!! We really have missed you all!
Maya has been home one year today!! Isn't that crazy!!??
Glad you are home safe and sound!
Love to you all~

Dani and Greg said...

Oh my goodness your girls are gorgeous! Max eats tomatoes whole too...I have to hide them when we go to the market, or he cries the whole way home wanting one.:) So FUN you are pregnant! My sis is due with number three in october! Praying for your sweet family...