Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day and a real winter snow storm

About 10 minutes before Lucy's naptime (the day after the storm), Anna Kate asked to go outside and play. We bundled everyone up, but we didn't stay outside very long . . . I got a quick shot of Anna Kate standing at the bottom of the front porch stairs! Can you believe the size of that drift? Here's a look around the backyard. And on the bottom left, our neighbor's driveway. I don't know if you can see it, but she has a huge wall of snow (she uses a snow plowing service for her driveway. It's effective but not very pretty.)
Here's Lucy yesterday - while Daddy was shoveling. Once again, yesterday, we only lasted a few minutes outside. It was frigid cold yesterday with wind chills dropping below zero.
Here's Anna Kate yesterday - she can't even walk in it because it's so deep and she is not used to all her gear!
Daddy had to help her up.
Today we sat down for fun . . .


4 comments:

Beth (and Eric) said...

SO MUCH FUN! They look adorable in their snow suits. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I bet you had to keep an eye on the girls. The snow could have swallowed them with out you even knowing, those drift are huge!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to think of--and even catch a glimpse of--David shoveling snow! And playing with his tots in the snow does call to mind pictures of snow forts in our back yard 20 years ago. Ah! memories! Dave, I shoveled more this year than I have for many--but, in Colorado, not Alaska!
Enjoy the cold snowiness with indoor warmth, cuddles & hot chocolate. Enjoy it, I say.
Love, Dad/Granpa

Anonymous said...

Just so you won't go crazy trying to figure it out, I am "anonymous"!