Lucy enjoying her birthday and sitting on Weebleville. What a great sweater and shirt from Grandma and Grandpa Sheehan! We love the color!

Lucy was not sure about the cupcake, even though she had been trying to grab one most of the afternoon . . .

After I broke it in half and then broke a couple of bite-sized pieces, she tried it. She wasn't enthusiastic about the frosting at all - too sticky!

Here's Anna Kate wearing her new pink cowboy boots and my favorite sweater from when I was her age. My mom brought some things from home, which are mine. My Gram made this sweater for me and my parents had to put it away when I outgrew it because I didn't want to stop wearing it.

Here's a better look at those cowboy boots!

Here is the first go at presents in the morning. We didn't really make it into the presents but got sidelined with some books. Oops!

A few minutes later, Anna Kate showed Lucy how to open presents. Just like at Christmas, though, it was a box that was the biggest hit of all. (The actual contents of the presents are thorougly being enjoyed now!) Lucy climbed in and out of this box for a long time. The box is no more but it was fun!
7 comments:
So many cute pictures of Lucy :). I LOVE the one of her in the little rocking chair. Sweet girl.
happy birthday little lucy!
Happy Birthday to Lucy! Those are great boots that Anna Kate has too. I think my favorite pictures are the ones in the box though...
Happ birthday sweet pea! We wish we could be celebrating together!!
Love Steph & Maya
Those are the coolest pink boots I have ever seen, by far! So cute!! Miss you guys!!
you captured some great expressions from Lucy Jane! I love the center picture--Happy First Birthday, Lucy!
Lucy's "birthday expressions" are wonderful--from the tasting of the birthday cupcake (their reaction to first birthday cake is always so unpredictable!) to her look of contentment at the end, fingers in mouth!
Post a Comment