Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fall 2012

Well, when I get too far behind, I stop. 
Here's a look at what's been happening this fall.
Samantha tried soccer. She was a little young. Honestly, she's so tough at home, I thought she would jump right in. But, she was the youngest player on the field and she didn't know any of the kids, so she was pretty content to walk up and down the field but never touch the ball. 

 Grandma Sheehan came for a visit. We had a blast. But I didn't take many pictures. :( On Saturday, we went to the Erie Canal locks. The weather was beautiful and the locks were fabulous. Lou, the great Lock worker, was informative and fun - just like a tour guide. he even let Anna Kate turn the knobs to help him operate one of the locks! We watched the locks work twice and walked along the river.









 Samantha's **5th** birthday was awesome (and very busy!). We started the day with a Halloween party with our school group. She dressed as a flower princess but was a little embarassed when everyone sang to her.


 Will was an elephant again this year. This might be the costume I'm most attached to.....it was a hand-me-down from Hillery, and all of our kids have worn it! And each of them have loved it. Will is our child who was most enthusiastic about wearing the hood up, which was super fun! He wore it for days and days.
 Our friend, Brianna, came over to help us celebrate Samantha's birthday!
 And Myra was here too! (Yes, Will is still in his elephant costume!)


 Samantha's birthday was a "5-star" birthday . .. .  because we all agreed she's a 5-star girl!


 And on Halloween we bundled up and headed out to trick-or-treat. Honestly, I expected Hurricane Sandy to have ravaged our neighborhood, but we were spared. So we bundled up, dressed up and went out. Anna Kate was a Mom; Lucy was a hair stylist; Samantha was a rose princess and Will was the elephant!
 He really likes the tail, too!




No comments: