Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Everybody is like Somebody

We started school last week. Anna Kate in second grade and Lucy in kindergarten. I had forgotten that last school year, Will was not walking, or climbing, or running . . . . he didn't really start walking until the middle of April. This year is quite a bit different, since very little is out of our little guy's reach. We like to do most of our school day at the table - all together. And Will wants to be with us, or, rather, in it all. We're figuring it out and settling in to a nice routine, little by little. The weather is still so nice here that we are outside as much as possible! Here are a couple of snapshots. Every little body in our house wants to be like somebody. The girls play with their dolls most of the day, in one way or another, and they have really started playing with the Disney Princesses. What little (wonderful) mothers I have! Anna Kate and Lucy tried a number of different ways to swing with their dolls today (Anna Kate even tried to put Jasmine in Will's swing, but he was not for sharing. He immediately insisted on swinging!), but this is what they decided was best:

Oh my goodness! So sweet! And they thought it was "genius." In fact, one of my favorite quotes today was this. At first, Lucy tried to tie herself and baby Sarah on to the swing by wrapping a jump rope around her abdomen and tying it. I assured her I did not like the plan. :) Anna Kate told Lucy, "Genius!" It didn't work, though, and my fears were relieved. Then, I suggested their baby carriers. To which Anna Kate said, "Mom's always a genius, Lucy." Lucy responded, "But I was a genius first!"

Here's Will, being like somebody.



Yes, around here, we're always thinking about winter. In the spring, it's that winter has passed or is passing ("Thank God!"). In the summer, "Winter is coming." So, Dave's chopping wood, to give it time to season before we use it in our fabulous stove, which heats most of our home most of the winter. Apparently, Will has been watching Daddy not only chop wood, but throw it into the pile.

No comments: