Friday, November 05, 2010

October 31, 2010


Yes, we did dress up in costumes. I think this was one of our coldest Halloween's yet. I didn't even think to bring mittens for my girls and coats and hats until it was too late - we were down our street and cold. But it was a great afternoon. We met up with some neighborhood friends and all went door-to-door together. Fun. Here they are:

Samantha, the elephant, who when she put on her costume and came up to me, said enthusiastically, "oink, oink." I so wished that I had had that videoed! Anyways, she has since said "oink, oink" a number of times out of context. So, I'm pretty sure she was just being silly. But who knows?

Lucy was a rose princess. the weather has seriously hampered this costume, but you get the idea, I hope. Yes, that's a large hot pink rose on that headband, which rests on the hat. And striped tights, because, what would Lucy be on a cold day if not in printed tights?
Will, my little monkey, who did have his hands covered, thanks to the well-planned costume-maker. He decided a cotton-covered thumb was as good as the real thing.
I just love that banana. (You can see Lucy's top a little more here . . . green leaves on top, pink petal skirt on bottom)
Anna Kate was a ladybug. She did layer a pair of pants on top of those tights and leotard. (Good thing, too!) What a lovely ladybug!

Our home was the gathering spot for a city-wide women's time in October, where we carved mini-pumpkins. I am so impressed with these women's artistic abilities I had to share.

2 comments:

Kristen Krieg said...

ADORABLE!!!! Such sweet memories!

Kerri said...

Awww....I remember that elephant costume :). Lovely little ones.