Friday, April 17, 2009
easter 2009
Easter morning - here are some cute girls hanging out together! (Yes, we're still wearing flannel pjs!)
This year, we hid Easter baskets. A couple of weeks ago, Anna Kate announced at dinner, "We should hide Easter baskets this year." After a fun conversation about the various places Dave and I had to find baskets when we were children, we decided it was time for the change! Lucy's was between the couch and the radiator. She had no trouble finding it!
Samantha's basket was around the corner and in the office. I think Daddy helped a little, but she found it right away! Anna Kate's basket was the most difficult to find . . .
I was so ready for Easter - cinnamon rolls in the fridge, which I made on Saturday - until the oven wouldn't heat beyond 100. uh-oh. We improvised and had waffles with warm fruit. And everyone seemed just as pleased. Well, we had to still bake those rolls! So, we packed them up - along with lots of other things - and planned to bake them at Peter and Myra's house for an afternoon snack! We had Easter dinner at their house after church. It was lovely.
There's Daddy cooking those improvised waffles!
Samantha had been quietly in this area of the kitchen, which we can not see unless we walk around the end of the bar. Yep, she had been having a pre-breakfast treat of Easter candy! Good thing there wasn't too much in her basket!
Here are my two "big" girls - dressed alike in the most beautiful princess dresses!

I tried to get a pic of all three girls together, but alas! Samantha would have very little to do with it. So, this is the best we did.
While snacking and finishing up the prep for Easter dinner, Samantha quietly helped herself to a wonderfully delicious Lindt chocolate chick - carefully unwrapping it and showing me before she ate it up!
"Alleluia, Christ is risen. He is risen indeed, Alleluia." I just have to say, we are big fans of Resurrection Eggs in our house! There are a dozen eggs, each containing something that helps tell the Easter story. So, on the Thursday before Easter, when Anna Kate wanted to take them to gymnastics for show and tell, I was not surprised. I didn't realize she was planning on opening each egg and telling the story to her class! It just seemed so natural to her. I was so proud of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh my goodness...all of the sudden Lucy looks so grown up. What beautiful pictures. I love the girls in their matching Easter dresses.
SO CUTE! I love their Easter dresses!
The girls looked so beautiful in their dresses! I love these picture updates! Thanks so much for doing this. Love you Meg!
Anna Kate! I'm so proud, already a little evangelist!
Lucy looks so cute (well, all the girls do!) and I really like her haircut. She really does look more grown up all of a sudden!
Post a Comment