Wednesday, January 21, 2009

games before naps

There's my big girl! 
Lucy has been joining Anna Kate and me for games before naps most days. As Lucy approaches her third birthday (!), we're working hard to keep her afternoon nap, which she still really needs to get through the late afternoon! So, we've been playing "Go Fish," Hungry, Hungry Hippos, Matching Bears, and Operation, which is a little challenging for both girls. (Operation has changed since I was little, too, by the way!) So, Anna Kate gets three buzzes before she has to pass the turn to someone else! 

Lucy concentrates so much! Her tongues is out and moving, right along with her little fingers, trying to work those tweezers.
She basically ignores the buzzing; although, I don't possibly understand how she can ignore it. Can you see his nose lit up in the picture? She just works and works until she tires of the attempt, or until she succeeds. 
There's that little tongue.


2 comments:

Beth (and Eric) said...

These are adorable stories! Your family is beautiful. I love you & miss you!

Thad said...

The tongue out is hilarious! Your girls are growing up so fast!