Anna Kate and Dave have been making a plan for us to go camping since April. I was delighted when friends offered to let us borrow their pop-up tent. I might never go back to a tent. We haven't been camping since Lucy was about 4 months old, but it was great. We were so glad to have our good friends, J.W. and Stephanie and their three boys join us. Their boys are each the same age as our girls.
Jack, Anna Kate and Lucy in front of the pop-up.
Samantha and Titus were born just days apart.
We camped at Watkins Glen; yes, home to the Watkins Glen race track. We hiked the Gorge Trail on Wednesday. It is about 1.5 miles up, and Anna Kate and Jack walked the whole way! Steph and I were ready to head back down; it was getting close to lunch time, and we didn't pack sandwiches. Dave and J.W. pushed us on, and we were rewarded with a shuttle ride back down. Back to camp in time for lunch! There were about 14 waterfalls on the hike!>
Lucy on the trail.
We stopped and played in a stream.

Back at the camp, Anna Kate and Jack shared a chair. They were pretty much inseparable the whole time!

Our last day there, we hit the fantastic playground!


Look at Samantha tackle that. She was not very excited about using it "properly." Nope, she wanted to stand up.

There's Josiah, who is just a bit younger than Lucy.
2 comments:
Oh how fun!! Camping with friends! I am so glad you got to do that!!!
I dream of camping with our kiddos, but NOT in Missouri and not until we can borrow a pop-up! Otherwise, I'm not sure I'm up for all the work!
Post a Comment