Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Five Rivers

We went to Five Rivers on Saturday. It is great for the girls; they have little trouble, at least on this trail, walking it themselves. Can you believe the trail - grassy or wood-chipped the entire way? Lucy started in the back carrier, but once she was set free, she was off and running . . . (we did have to use sunscreen, and Lucy especially liked chewing on it!)
And here is where we discovered a difference between Anna Kate and Lucy. Anna Kate did not think it was funny that the trail was so muddy - "this is gross" - and Lucy went right for it. She walked through it, fell in it, sat in it.
It wasn't long before she looked like this:
We finished up with a picnic. Lucy did get tired enough (and I think a little uncomfortable in those muddy jeans that she returned to the back carrier voluntarily and without pants.)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great it must be to have outdoor areas to explore in the Spring. I can almost smell the fresh air and the new green grass!
Grandma Sheehan

Anonymous said...

Dave, I like your stubble (I blew it up and printed it off!); Megan, I love the shots of you and the kids; I love these pictures of granddaughters growing up so quickly and beautifully.
My favorite time to visit the Blogspot is when I talking to the grandmother on the phone--it's like we're all together.